Stakeholder Management and Negotiation
• Chaired national delivery and stakeholder boards developing action plans for criminal justice, linked to government strategy and drawing on international networks of experts. Negotiated with Ministers, Senior Government Officials, Chief Executives and Third Sector to achieve consensus.
• Managed negotiations and discussions with key stakeholders and senior partnership executives on London wide policy decisions, including planning and risk-assessing complex investigations within the Healthcare Sector to minimise harmful impact of crime and social issues on minority communities.
• Elected Fellow of The RSA; Chaired Board of Directors of Estate Management Company delivering a customer focused approach, improving quality of life in a rural community.
• Led, planned and organised partnership teams delivering improvement across the UK drugs and substance abuse sector, co-ordinating and directing business process change across 43 police forces and business sectors.
• Inspired and motivated a multi-disciplined team across 9 Criminal Justice agencies, standardising methodology for organisations who were working together for the first time resulting in the national inspection of the Government's Street Crime Initiative, which analysed complex processes, recommending changes to embedded practices for improved performance.
Programme and Project Management
• Prince2 accredited practitioner; Led a £3m amalgamation project to merge 60 staff, with different cultures and working conditions, from HM Revenue and Customs and The Metropolitan Police into a single team focusing on serious and organised drugs crime.
• Programme managed 21 linked national improvement projects across 43 police forces and steered the introduction of senior stakeholder and practitioner advisory groups monitoring frontline project delivery.
• Led, managed and evaluated multi-themed projects across UK criminal justice partnerships, delivering national strategy and operating procedures for drugs prevention, enforcement and intelligence, on time and within budget.
Problem Solving and Analysis
• In 2009/10, as an independent consultant, led a London-wide strategic review of The Drugs Intervention Programme within Criminal Justice and Health Sector Partnerships on behalf of the Home Office.
• Local champion for a leading criminal justice agency, excelled in performance against crime in Westminster. Steered 120 staff with a £1m budget, achieving significant crime reductions in partnership with the community.
• As senior investigator, he shaped the strategy and led the team of 50 investigators reviewing the Central London May Day Riots, making best use of intelligence and analysis to gather and assess evidence against more than 100 linked offenders to achieve successful prosecutions.